AGN-Scans ~ For The Love of Manga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AGN-Scans ~ For The Love of Manga

Manga Scanlations Group Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tantei Gakuen Q opinion

Go down 
+5
niteshbhasin
AlphaXero
indojin
SilverBlade
feelingdizzy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
feelingdizzy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Tantei Gakuen Q opinion Empty
PostSubject: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:15 am

Hey all, I thought might as well start some discussions about this awesome manga!

What do y'all think about it?

Got any favourite case or character so far?

How does it compared to another Detective manga.. say Detective Conan..

etc..

I think this manga is a quite good detective manga, aside from May who can sometimes be annoying.. it's a pretty good manga.. I love Ryu, the way he thinks is interesting.. there's so many mysteries about him you can't help but want to know more and more who he is..

I used to think Conan is a bit better, but now I actually think this is better.. with all the repetitions Detective Conan been having, it has become so predictable I got a bit lazy reading it..

That's what I can think so far..

Looking forward to your opinions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SilverBlade
Staffs
SilverBlade

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:35 am

Compared to Detective Conan, TGQ is 2x better. The cases are more complicated, and it has a better storyline. It just keeps getting better and better in every chapter. I can't wait for the next chapters. ^.^
Back to top Go down
feelingdizzy

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 5:30 am

I agree.. the cases are more complicated.. it seems like nowadays Conan just keeps coming out just for the sake of milking people's money and not for the sake of having a good storyline..

as it goes deeper and we found out more about Ryu, the story will get more and more interesting, and the last case of the series is the best case imo..

there, something y'all should look forward to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
indojin

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:29 am

hmm i've always been a fan of DSQ ever since i had seen it on Animax.. it was really great cause the plot lines were so so amazing. i've always wondered how much the writers think to come up with such intricately intertwined plot lines and material.. but present them in such a simple manner.. i was thrilled to find Storm In Heaven scanlating the manga.. which i believe was longer than the anime series.... BUT SiH suddenly stopped and i was totally devastated.. then AGN came as a saviour.. and MY GOD the frequency of the releases is even better.. it shows that you guys are not only scanlaters but REAL FANS of the manga.. i wish this enthusiasm of all of you doing such a gret job doesnt lessen.. thanks to you all again..

DSQ/TGQ is the best detective manga... i would also suggest you guys to scanlate Kindaichi Case Files.. ONLY AFTER DSQ is completed.cause honestly i believe SiH stopped TGQ only cause they were doing too many scanlations at the same time...

Thanks again AGN.. Smile
Back to top Go down
SilverBlade
Staffs
SilverBlade

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:37 am

mm... I too became a TGQ fan when I saw it on Animax... but it's been almost 4 years since I saw a TGQ episode.

Last edited by SilverBlade on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
indojin

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:52 am

@SilverBlade

where you from dude?
Back to top Go down
AlphaXero
Staffs

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:21 am

Im glad that we decided to pick this up. I watched the whole series of the anime and i was kinda upset when it ended. The cases were just getting more interesting and then they cut it off. >.< But now that we are going through the manga we will finally see how it ends =D
Back to top Go down
https://agnscans.forumotion.net
niteshbhasin

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:25 am

@indo

silver is from Maldives in South east Asia

feelingdizzy is from Indonesia

I m from India

alpha is from US

ge4ce is from Netherlands

and many more stay tuned
Back to top Go down
SilverBlade
Staffs
SilverBlade

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:32 am

^ no one could ever give a more detailed answer than that.
Back to top Go down
indojin

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:22 am

yo nitesh i could make out you are from India... i'm Indian too... from Kolkata Very Happy you actually have the RAW of this manga? i had gone to Japan 2 years back and had bought an english translated version of Ghost in The Shell and the first volume of GTO... how didja manage to get your hands on the RAW's man :O
Back to top Go down
AlphaXero
Staffs

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:49 am

We happened to stumble across them online =D
Back to top Go down
indojin

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:49 pm

Is it possible for us to get 'em too.. i mean i dunno about the others but i'd LOVE to see the actual original manga.. Very Happy

oh yeah i was hearing that AGN scans IS looking for people to help them.. i actually dont know what all those jobs mean.. cleaner, typesetter etc etc blah blah.. so if you guys can elaborate on them i might be able to help... Smile also i AM learning Japanese... and can read the Hiragana/Katakana scripts.. so if translations is required and can read them and ask the difficult ones out from my sensei.

Thanks... Smile
Back to top Go down
AlphaXero
Staffs

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:47 am

Indo yeah dude your always welcome to help. I can upload the raws that we get but i will only upload them publicly after we release the translated chapters (so no one tries to go a head of us and put us out of business) as for the jobs let me define them for you.

Typesettor - The person who puts the text on the page. He takes the translations and inputs them into the manga. This is typically done via Photoshop.

Cleaner - someone who takes the pages and makes them white if their grey, takes out the japanese words, and redraws any of the picture that got hurt from erasing.

Translator - kinda self explanitory i think... Very Happy

If you want any more information on this matter please post in the application thread
Back to top Go down
Tanequil

Tanequil

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:03 am

Ooh, Kindaichi! My primary school Chinese teacher used to pass those around for us to read in class and borrow home. [I got so freaked out by one of those bloody panels that I didn't read a single chapter after that. Razz]
Back to top Go down
arrasailsup

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 9:46 am

Wish my Chinese teacher would pass out manga for us to read in class. >.<

Yeah, newbie here. Hi all!

I dislike Detective Conan. I blame the live-action. First two eppies completely threw me off. TGQ was way better. Finished the anime and live action, but I'm still scrolling around the manga.

*cough seeing/reading the same plot line three times gets boring cough*

Fav character is Nanami. CACTUS FOREVER.

Haven't seen Kindaichi yet, so no opinion.

Which is better? Anime or manga?
Back to top Go down
SilverBlade
Staffs
SilverBlade

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 10:52 am

the Manga FTW!
btw, welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
AlphaXero
Staffs

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:09 pm

I would say the manga is prolly better, its longer than the anime, and fills in more details that the Anime leaves out. I know we got a while before we catch up to the anime just be patient for me
Back to top Go down
arrasailsup

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:41 am

Don't worry, I will. =D

Yay details! Always thought the anime wasn't really ended properly. We never do find out about that Nine-headed Dragon....person. And we don't get to see Hades. Or Cerberus. Have I told you I can't spell his name correct to save my life? I just call him Kero-chan. Blame Cardcaptor Sakura.
*ramble*

That aside, live-action actually filled out more things, when compared to the length of the anime. 0.o Guess they used up too much time in the earlier non-Pluto related eppys....

I like Nanami in all of them though. XD
Back to top Go down
AlphaXero
Staffs

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:29 am

cactus ftw
Back to top Go down
SilverBlade
Staffs
SilverBlade

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:14 pm

it's getting reeeeeaaallly interesting. Chapter 23 is reeeaaally interesting. One day TGQ will become more famous than Detective Conan.
Back to top Go down
arrasailsup

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 5:33 am

I'm sorta disappointed at the lack of fanworks in the TGQ fandom though. XD
Especially when compared to Detective Conan. 640 fanfictions compared to 3000+?
Yeah, real sad. *sigh*

Yesssssss, the whole series is reeeaaaally interesting. ^^
Back to top Go down
feelingdizzy

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:47 pm

I know ey.. how can people stand those repetition crap in Conan

I'll doubt TGQ would be more famous than Conan since it's already ended and there's no sequel whatsoever..
Back to top Go down
Kyu

Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 6:40 am

Both Tantei Gauken Q and Detective Conan are good. But I like Tantei Gauken Q way way way better. The author of Detective Conan is taking alot of time to finish the story, he should just end the story by showing that Shin'chi is back to how he was and Black Organisation's defeated, etc....
Back to top Go down
SilverBlade
Staffs
SilverBlade

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 3:07 pm

If Detective Conan ends that way, I'd say the WHOLE story would suck. We all know that one day Conan will turn back into Shinchi.... and if he does, that's pretty lame. I want the author of Detective Conan to surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Kyu

Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:38 am

True something different, something no can ever think of. but we all know what's going to happen, kind of...so what else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tantei Gakuen Q opinion   Tantei Gakuen Q opinion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tantei Gakuen Q opinion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AGN-Scans ~ For The Love of Manga :: Tantei Gakuen Q Discussion-
Jump to: